Custom Search

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shawn Pyfrom: Bad Andrew is Coming Back : Interview by Popwrap

shawn-pyfrom2.jpgOn Sunday fans finally found out what their favorite housewives had turned into during the five-year flash forward. Gaby is now the messy mommy, Susan is love-phobic, Lynette still has her hands full, Bree is a slightly less capable Martha Stewart and Andrew Van de Kamp is his mom's manager.

And Shawn Pyfrom was more than happy to swap his character's previous work attire - Scavo Pizzeria orange polo - for much snazzier suits. I caught up with Shawn to get an insider's opinion on the now future-set show and see if his character is going to be getting any action this season.

Pop Wrap: Seeing how it's playing out, what do you think about the flash-forward?
Shawn Pyfrom: I think it sets us up for new beginnings, allows us to start fresh and eliminate some of the, I don't want to call it mess, but to weed out a lot of things that weren't working.

PW: And what do you say to the people who are curious about the missing time?
Shawn: It's not like we aren't going to discuss anything that's happened in the last five years. Everything that's happened between when we left off and now will be addressed at some point. It also gives the show added layers of mystery - everyone wants to know how we got here.

PW: Are you surprised at the man Andrew's turned into?
Shawn: I think the fact that he's matured and is very driven isn't much of a surprise to me because even when he and Bree were going at it, he was very driven in screwing her over. Now he's just focusing that energy elsewhere.

shawn-pyfrom3.jpg
PW: Fans of Andrew complained that he got sidelined last year. Were you frustrated?
Shawn: My only frustration was that I didn't get to work as much. I love these people, I love investing time on my character and developing him - it's just hard to do that when I'm not given that much screentime. But I understand that a lot of time was spent developing Andrew in the beginning and the show isn't about me, it never has been.

PW: The big question everyone want to know is, will Andrew get a boyfriend this season?
Shawn: I am just as curious as they are. I don't know, I haven't been told anything about a boyfriend. I think it would be appropriate for them to introduce someone now seeing that is has been so long and it's five years down the line. I think a lot of people are interested, I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment