Custom Search

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Vedhika: I am a friendly person



Vedhika, who completed her education in London, had a penchant for dance and acting right from childhood. She entered into the tinsel town to satiate her thirst towards the arts. She made her debut as heroine through Sivakasi. She then paired up with popular choreographer-turned-director and artiste Raghava Lawrence in Muni. The Telugu and Tamil versions of this film are ready for release on March 9.

Vedhika, in an exclusive chat with Indiaglitz, shared her experiences and opened up about her background, hobbies, life and so on. Over to Vedhika.
Tell us about your family background

I stay with my mother and my younger brother. Basically I am from Mumbai, but I did my studies in the US and UK. I finished B.Sc in Business Administration and did M.Sc in marketing in London. My mother is very cooperative and I love fighting with my little brother everyday. I love my family.

What are your hobbies?

I love basketball, badminton and I also like dancing. I like classical dance as well. I used to participate in cultural programmes like dancing, singing, games and sports besides acting, right from my school days.

Tell us about your favourite artistes and films.

My favourite artiste is none other than the Big B Amitabh Bachchan and King Khan Shahrukh Khan. Both are not just great performers but they are also very compassionate and are good human beings. In south, I love Kamal Hassan and Chiranjeevi. They are brilliant actors and have a great screen presence. They are versatile and can play any kind of role and that is one reason why I like them lots.

When it comes to actresses, I love the evergreen Sridevi. She was capable of performing any role with utmost ease and she her portrayals have been absolutely natural and realistic. In fact, she is my role model and I got inspired to get into acting because of her. About my favourite films, well, I love movies like Chandramukhi, Black, Mughal-e-Azam, Sadma and so on.

Your thoughts on love?

If you love someone sincerely, express it immediately. When in love, you have to be courageous enough. I believe that if you do not have the nerve, then there is no point in even uttering the word ‘love.’

Did you nurture dreams of becoming an actor even during your younger days?

Yes. I have always loved acting and dancing right from my school and college days. Many of my friends advised me to try my luck in films. In fact, I was also confident about my proficiency in dancing and acting, so I too evinced an interest to turn heroine. I gave it a serious thought, tried my best and now I am here.

How did your debut film 'Madarasi' happen?

After I completed my studies abroad and returned to India, Arjun once chanced upon me and asked about my willingness to enter films. I accepted his offer, a photo shoot soon followed and later I was selected after a formal screen test.

On working with established artistes like Arjun and Lawrence in your first and second films…

I feel very happy. I had myself nurtured ambitions of getting into the film industry, but it happened through Arjun. I didn’t have to try hard to grab a chance in films. Even before the release of my debut film ‘Madarasi,’ Lawrence looked at my photos and gave me a chance to act opposite him in ‘Muni.’ I thank both of them for giving me such good opportunities.

Tell us about Muni.

It is a very different film. Such subjects are quite unique and I strongly feel that such films would rarely appear on the screen. It is a fantastic subject and has good scope for dance.

What about your character in the film?

I am playing the role of Priya, the love interest of Lawrence. It is a very good character with shades of western and Indian culture. It is a two dimensional character. As I already told you, the character has a lot of scope for dance. It is a very good character and has all the elements that a heroine would expect in a film. I have got such an opportunity in my second film itself. I think I am lucky for having got a chance to work in this film.

Tell us about Lawrence.

Lawrence is a very good choreographer and is also a good director. His dance in this film is quite wonderful. He has done a great job in this movie. I liked working with him, and felt very happy while doing the character.

How about music and the producer of this film?

Ramani Bharadwaja has given melodious tunes that suit the dance beats of a choreographer like Lawrence. Dancers usually get all the more excited if there is good music to complement their steps. While shooting, we enjoyed the music to a great extent, and enjoyed dancing to the tunes.

The producer Saran was very cooperative and helped complete the film without any disturbance. The shoot happened as per schedule because of him. Manyam Ramesh is dubbing the film in Telugu and he is also a very good producer and is quite cooperative. I believe that 'Muni' would give him a good break as a producer.

Which kind of characters do you want to do in future?

I love all the usual, common characters. I am not particular about doing different characters but then, I am ready to do any kind of role that comes my way. My main aim is to do good commercial characters.

Any dream roles?

I would like to do a dual role subject. Both characters should not be identical and should have distinctive contrasts. At the same time, I have another dream role. I would love to play a negative character and get critical acclaim.

How would you rate yourself as an artiste?

Vedhika is definitely a good artiste! As I told you, I have been involved in many cultural activities right from my schooldays and I have always earned good name. Even on the celluloid, I have earned a good name as a good artiste. Of course, I would like to keep working as far as performance is concerned.

What kind of a person is Vedhika?

Vedhika is a good person, a good human being, a good dancer and above all, she is a friendly person!


~~~~~~~~~~



For Glimpse of Blogs Please Visit : http://desiredctg.blogspot.com
&
For Wallpaper Collection Please Visit : http://wallpapersyi.blogspot.com
&
For Movie Review, Fun, Jokes Please visit : http://funsyi.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment